The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 12:28

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2012 - The Movie ...
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2009, 14:09 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

I have to admit, I'm intrigued ...

Post subject: Re: 2012 - The Movie ...
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2009, 15:30 
Grand Poobah

I dunno. Looks boring to me.

And i agree. Why bother preparing if the world ends anyway?

my god, what bad acting... :disgust:

(yes I know who he is. I rememebr him being better than that. Bad material? Director?)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 10:48 
First Circle Initiate

Just for what it is worth, the Mayan calender does NOT end in 2012.
It is a cyclical calender like all others.
It has its longest cycle end on the winter solstice of that year.

I will now make a prediction.

The sun will rise on the 22nd of December 2012 on an Earth that will look pretty much the same as it did the day before.
The only possible disaster will come from people panicking and going berserk.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 11:23 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

Taliesin wrote:

The sun will rise on the 22nd of December 2012 on an Earth that will look pretty much the same as it did the day before.

Ooooh ... Going way out there on a limb with that prediction, there ... :cheeky:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 13:23 
First Circle Initiate

Hex wrote:
Taliesin wrote:

Ooooh ... Going way out there on a limb with that prediction, there ... :cheeky:

Sometimes I amaze myself with my own temerity.
:cool:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 13:39 
Grand Poobah

Last year, I made a serious of predictions in a post that was lost.

I swear, they were all accurate!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 14:19 
First Circle Initiate

jess wrote:
Last year, I made a serious of predictions in a post that was lost.

I swear, they were all accurate!

I knew you were going to say that!

Really. :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 15:52 
Neighbor of the Beast

But, the Maya were a race that was closer to the mystical nature of the universe. They had ancient wisdom lost to us in the modern age. They achieved such amazing works with such limited tools that they must have had a source of knowledge that we lack! They were a native civilization, barbaric and savage and thus a cultural treasure that is superior in all ways to us...

Besides, they were visited by astronauts!

:imeter:
We should have one of these that says "Sarcasm"...

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2009, 05:37 
Postess

HavenMage wrote:
But, the Maya were a race that was closer to the mystical nature of the universe. They had ancient wisdom lost to us in the modern age. They achieved such amazing works with such limited tools that they must have had a source of knowledge that we lack! They were a native civilization, barbaric and savage and thus a cultural treasure that is superior in all ways to us...

Besides, they were visited by astronauts!

:imeter:
We should have one of these that says "Sarcasm"...

I detect a hint of...oh, shall we say "doubt", in your post.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2009, 06:35 
Neighbor of the Beast

The only difference I see between our culture and that of the ancient races is in details and time. I think the concept of the "noble savage" is about as stupid as you can get. I do not think that that our ancestors had some special store of wisdom that we have lost. I also do not think that they were complete idiots that needed "gods" and "spacemen" to help them get by.

I hope that is clearly stated, just for the record. :D

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2009, 17:55 
Grand Poobah

sounds good to me.

:salute:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 04:05 
Neophyte

I don't think anything will happen in '12 but hey the story makes for a great movie, if you haven't seen it yet you can go where I did at the online cinema.I watched the Full Movie For Free Online. It really was a great movie.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 04:38 
The Power to Scry

The chances of anything happening in 12 are the same as 11 and 10 basically. People are so gullible and easilly ensnared in old fashioned mystical arm waving, hence mediums and other charlattans. What I say is if you're stupid enough to believe someone is talking to your dead husband/spouse then there really is one born every minute.

I doubt even my Celtic forefathers were as dumb and easilly led as some people today to believe nonsense, hence 9-11 conspiracies and Illuminati nonsense and David Ickes successful career and Scientology and Raliens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

Quote:
Key ideas
Further information: Law of Attraction and Panpsychism

Icke's core ideas are put forward in four books, each around 500 pages long: The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret: The Book that Will Change the World (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001). Much of his work is published by his Bridge of Love Publications or David Icke Books. Serious philosophical discussion about the nature of consciousness is intermingled with unsourced allegations against named individuals, including that certain senior politicians are Satanic pedophiles, and that the Swine flu vaccinations are a deliberate attempt to cull the world's population.

He argues that human beings are the result of a breeding program conducted by a race of reptilians called Anunnaki from the planet Draco, and that what we call reality is nothing but a "five-sense illusion," or holographic experience. The only reality is the realm of the Absolute. He believes in a collective consciousness that has intentionality, in reincarnation, in other possible worlds that exist alongside ours on other frequencies, and in Lamarckian acquired characteristics, arguing that our experiences change our DNA by downloading new information and overwriting the software. We are also able to attract experiences to ourselves, via good or bad thoughts.

Global Elite
Further information: New World Order (conspiracy theory) and Illuminati

Icke's basic argument is that humanity was created, and is controlled, by a network of secret societies run by a race of interbreeding bloodlines originating in the Middle and Near East in the ancient world. Icke calls them the "Babylonian Brotherhood." The Illuminati, Round Table, Council on Foreign Relations, Chatham House, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, the IMF, United Nations, the media, military, science, religion, and the Internet are all Brotherhood created and controlled.[38]

The Brotherhood is mostly male. Their children are raised from an early age to understand the mission; those who don't are pushed aside. Key Brotherhood bloodlines are the British House of Windsor, the Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, European royalty and aristocracy, and the Eastern establishment families of the United States. The origin of the bloodlines is extra-terrestrial. At the apex of the Brotherhood stands the "Global Elite," the same group identified throughout history as the "Illuminati"; at the top of the Global Elite stand the "Prison Wardens." The goal of the Brotherhood—their "Great Work of Ages," or the "Brotherhood Agenda"—is world domination and a micro-chipped population.[39]

Icke introduced the idea in The Robot's Rebellion that the Global Elite's plan for world domination was first laid out in the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a hoax published in Russia in 1903, which supposedly presented a plan by the Jewish people to take over the world. The Protocols is the most influential piece of antisemitic material of modern times, portraying the Jewish people as cackling villains from a Saturday matinee, as Ronson puts it, widely drawn on by the far right and neo-Nazi groups.[40] Mark Honigsbaum writes that Icke refers to it 25 times in the book, calling it the "Illuminati protocols," and it is the first of a number of examples of Icke moving dangerously close to antisemitism, according to Michael Barkun—see below for a discussion of the antisemitism controversy.[41]

Reptilians and shape-shifting

Further information: Ancient astronauts, Anunnaki, Enûma Eliš, Reptilians, shapeshifting, and Thuban
The Draco constellation from Uranographia by Johannes Hevelius, 1690

In The Biggest Secret (1999), Icke introduced the "Reptoid Hypothesis." He identifies the Brotherhood as originating from reptilians from the constellation Draco, who walk on two legs and appear human, and who live in tunnels and caverns inside the earth. They are the same race of gods known as the Anunnaki in the Babylonian creation myth, Enûma Eliš.[42] Lewis and Kahn write that Icke has taken his "ancient astronaut" narrative from the Israeli-American writer, Zecharia Sitchin. Icke's idea of "inner-earth reptilians" is also not new, though Barkun writes that Icke has done more than most to expand on it.[43]

Sitchin writes that the reptilians came to Earth for its precious metals. Icke argues that the Anunnaki came specifically for "monoatomic gold," a mineral he says can increase the carrying capacity of the nervous system ten thousand fold. After ingesting it, the Anunnaki are able to process vast amounts of information, speed up trans-dimensional travel, and shapeshift from reptilian to human form. They use human fear, guilt, and aggression as energy in a similar way, part of the reason they organize human conflict.[44] The more negative emotion we emit, the more the reptilians absorb:

Thus we have the encouragement of wars, human genocide, the mass slaughter of animals, sexual perversions which create highly charged negative energy, and black magic ritual and sacrifice which takes place on a scale that will stagger those who have not studied the subject.[45]

The Anunnaki have crossbred with human beings, the breeding lines carefully chosen for political reasons. He believes they are the Watchers, the fallen angels, or "Grigori," who mated with human women in the Biblical apocrypha. Their first reptilian-human hybrid, possibly Adam, was created 200,000–300,000 years ago. There was a second breeding program around 30,000 years ago, and a third 7,000 years ago. It is the half-bloods of the third breeding program who today control the world, more Anunnaki than human. They have an extremely powerful, hypnotic stare, the origin of the phrase to "give someone the evil eye", and their hybrid DNA allows them to shapeshift when they consume human blood.[46] In Children of the Matrix, he expanded his description of those in charge, adding that the Anunnaki also bred with another extraterrestrial race called the "Nordics," on account of their blond hair and blue eyes, to produce a race of human slave masters, the Aryans. The Aryans retain many reptilian traits, including cold-blooded attitudes, a desire for top-down control, and an obsession with ritual, lending them a tendency toward fascistic militarism, rationalism, and racism.[47]

Lewis and Kahn write that the Nordic hypothesis means Icke is mirroring standard claims by the far right that the Aryan bloodline has ruled the Earth throughout history; for Icke, Sumerian Kings and Egyptian pharoahs have all been Aryan reptilian humanoids, as have 43 American presidents and the Queen Mother, who was "seriously reptilian." All have taken part in Satanic rituals, paedophilia, kidnapping of children, drug parties and murder, needed to satisfy their reptilian blood lust, which allows them to retain their temporary human form.[48]

Dimensions

Further information: Many-worlds interpretation

Icke contends that the reptilians not only come from another planet, but are also from another dimension, the lower level of the fourth dimension, the one nearest the physical world. Barkun argues that the introduction of different dimensions allows Icke to skip awkward questions about which part of the universe the reptilians come from and how they got here.[49] Icke writes that the universe consists of an infinite number of frequencies or dimensions of life that share the same space, just as television and radio frequencies do. Some people can tune their consciousness to other wavelengths, which is what psychic power consists of, and it is from one of these other dimensions that the Anunnaki are controlling this world by possessing certain bloodlines—though just as fourth-dimensional reptilians control us, they are controlled, in turn, by a fifth dimension.[50] The lower level of the fourth dimension is what others call the "lower astral dimension." Icke argues that it is where demons live, the entities Satanists summon during their rituals. They are, in fact, summoning the reptilians.[50]
[edit] Problem-reaction-solution

In Tales From The Time Loop (2003), Icke argues that most organized religions, especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are Illuminati creations designed to divide and conquer the human race through endless conflicts, as are racial, ethnic, and sexual divisions. He cites the Holocaust, the Oklahoma City bombing, and 9/11 as examples of events organized by the Global Elite.[51] The incidents allow the Elite to respond in whatever way they intended to act in the first place, a concept Icke calls "order out of chaos," or "problem-reaction-solution," his version of the Hegelian dialectic. There are few, if any, public events that are not engineered, or at least used, by the Brotherhood in their bid to sow division and centralize power. He suggested that the 1996 Dunblane massacre, for example, was organized by the Elite to strengthen gun laws.[30]

You want to introduce something you know the people won't like. This may be more power to the police, a further erosion of basic freedoms, even a war. You know that if you offer these policies openly the people will react against them. So you first create a PROBLEM, a rising crime rate, more violence, a terrorist bomb, a government collapse, or you get one of your Illuminati puppets like Saddam Hussein to go to war.

You make sure someone else is blamed for this problem and not you, the real people behind it all. So you create a "patsy," as they call them in America, a Timothy McVeigh or a Lee Harvey Oswald. You then use your media to tell people what they should think about your manufactured event and who they should blame for it. This brings us to stage two, the REACTION from the people—"This can't go on; what are THEY going to do about it?"

This allows THEM to then openly offer the SOLUTION to the problems they have created—new legislation which advances their agenda of centralisation of global power or the erosion of more basic freedoms.[52]

Red Dresses

In Infinite Love is the Only Truth (2005), Icke introduces the idea of "reptilian software." He says that there are three kinds of people. The highest level of the Brotherhood are the "Red Dresses." These are "software people," elsewhere called "reptilian software," or "constructs of mind," without consciousness, without free will. Their human bodies are holographic veils.

A second group, the so-called "sheeple"—the vast majority of humanity—have what Icke calls "back seat consciousness." They are conscious, but they do whatever they are told and are the main source of energy for the Brotherhood. They include the "repeaters," the people in positions of influence who simply repeat what other people have told them. Doctors repeat what they are told in medical school and by drug companies, teachers repeat what they learned at teacher training college, and journalists are the greatest repeaters of all.

The third group, by far the smallest, are those who see through the illusion; they are people like Neo from the film, The Matrix. They are usually dubbed dangerous or mad. The "Red Dress" genetic lines keep obsessively interbreeding to make sure their bloodlines are not weakened by the second or third levels of consciousness, because consciousness can rewrite the software.[53][3]

Crazy and very rich.

At your back
May the sun shine warm
upon your face
May the rain fall soft
upon your field,
And until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

"I apologise... For nothing!"

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 12:50 
Adherent

Oh, no! We're all going to die.

Well, it's true, we are all going to die, some day.

The thing the ancients (and primitive people today, for that matter) don't get credit for is that they were (are) pretty much as intelligent as us first-world modern humans. They figured things out, things that are still a mystery to us. Not in the way that we don't know how we could do the things they accomplished, we just don't know how they did it. We're learning though.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 15:34 
Second-Sight Apprentice

There is a great line in the Styx song "Young Man" that goes:

"People say with age there comes experience, but as soon as we are born we start to die.
Older men are chosen to speak wisely, but call a child to the sacrificial rite. "

The posts made me think of it though it probably doesn't really fit the topic it's a war tune. Anywho I have resolved that if given an exact date to the world's end it's not gonna happen.