The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 14:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007, 20:42 
Grand Poobah

ok, so we have The Mummy (Brendon Fraiser's) on TV for Hallowe'en, and The four year old is playing computer games.

The mummy is about to come to life for the first time, and what do I do? I call the child away from the computer to watch it.

Man, I am dumb.

Of course, now he's hooked on the movie and calls it 'the movie with the bad guy skeleton who is scared of cats.'

I was quite proud of him the other day, though. As flakey as I can be, I'm (WE, sorry) raising him rational. We went to the art gallery for their Hallowe'en thing the other night, and he got to sit and listen to a witch. I asked him what the witch said, and he said 'oh, mommy, she was just pretend!' We also stopped to look at some artwork on our way out, and I asked him the tradition 'would you want to live in that picture' and he answered 'no'. I asked why, and he said, 'because it's wood'.

Practical boy. After I explained I meant in the world portrayed, not in the picture itself, then we could discuss it.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 12:02 
First Circle Initiate

jess wrote:
The mummy is about to come to life for the first time, and what do I do? I call the child away from the computer to watch it.

Man, I am dumb.

Why does that make you dumb? Maybe I don't get it because I don't have kids, but I don't see anything wrong with having a child stop playing computer games in order to watch a movie with the family. Even if they were educational games (were they?), and the movie was pure stupid entertainment.

--Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 12:25 
Grand Poobah

well, they were educational games he was playing with his dad...

It was just my timing... make the four year old watch the scarey scene... not cover his eyes... ;)

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2017, 10:08 
Neophyte

This is very interesting

click Page