The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 03:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 16:59 
Acolyte

Just saying hello right now. I heard from Jess on another list, and responded. This thread looks right on what I do most of ... ritual celebration of the "Seasonal Moments" (as I call the Sabbats) of the Wheel of the year, according to my place in the Southern Hemisphere (Australia) - of course. So we have just celebrated Lammas and are moving into Autumn Equinox preparations soon. I have written a new article about Lammas/Imbolc reflections, just published in the on-line magazine Goddess Pages http://www.goddess-pages.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=406&Itemid=128

I look forward to conversations here.
Glenys

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 12:48 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

Welcome! :wave:

I'm really glad to see you able to post ... :cheeky:

And that's so cool, that you're just past Lammas - I'm apparently pretty 'Northern Hemisphere-centric' that I'd not thought about the fact you guys are just opposite us ... But I'll be a great way to be looking forward to and sharing things about our different celebrations throughout the year.

I hope you enjoy it here!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 19:47 
Neighbor of the Beast

With a little travel, you could double the pleasure of the year's celebrations!

I think that is really :cool: !

:cheers: Celebrations!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2008, 07:49 
Acolyte

yes Hex thank you :cheeky: I'm glad I have got you thinking about Gaia's other half, and what She has happening all the time ... like the whole Shebang all the time. She is always doing the Whole Party! There is another article of mine here about Beltaine/Samhain http://www.matrifocus.com/SAM07/pagaian.htm

and yes HavenMage there have been times in my life when I was bi-continental, and thus bi-hemispheric ... but us Southerners can't help being conscious of the North !! stupid Christmas in Summer! stupid Easter in Autumn and stupid people having Halloween parties in Spring! I celebrate Samhain in late April early May when it is actually Autumn here. grrrr! :banghead:

Glenys

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 21:37 
Grand Poobah

If I lived down there, I would as well. And if I lived with no seasons, I'd find new celebrations.

These are supposed to make sense, not be all weird...

Hi!