The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 03:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 22:07 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

pagaian (who is really busy ATM) sent me info on this page of her site.

pagaian wrote:
I consider that the Triple Spiral of Bru na Boinne has multivalent interpretations. One of them is my interpretation: as the three faces of the Creative Dynamic that unfolds the Cosmos. This Creativity has been anthropomorphised as Triple Goddess, but essentially these three creative qualities may be understood as deep dynamics of Cosmogenesis.

She's got a video of the meditation up here. I had to download the file to see it, but it's nicely done.

Neat to remember that while we of the northern hemisphere are getting lots of sun right now, those down south are at the ebb of the sun.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 18:13 
Acolyte

Thanks Hex for posting this. I'm not so busy now - post-ritual lull. We had a great Winter Solstice ritual in our new ritual space (PaGaian MoonCourt), albeit rather chaotic dodging rain as we went! .. but it was suitably cold and dark - and unpredictable ... the latter quality giving us a taste of birthing in general, appropriate to the Seasonal Moment.

We got great video footage of the Sun coming through our new Triple Spiral window on the morning of the Solstice ... Triple Spiral comes to Southern Hemisphere! We will post it on YouTube. I'll let you know.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 22:15 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

Cool! I can't wait ... And, once you get it up on YouTube, you can try out the new youtube tag and embed it here! :wink:

And, I'm going to try to set up a gallery here too, so that we can have more graphical stuff kept nicely on-site ...

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 07:31 
Acolyte

Here is the address for the YouTube video of the lighting of the Triple Spiral in the Southern Hemisphere Winter Solstice June 21st 2008 ... I'm not sure if there is another way I should be posting it here - feel free to rearrange it or let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7j1E2Z3Mo

Cheers

Last edited by jess on 06 Jul 2008, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
embedded video

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 09:48 
Grand Poobah

As pretty as that is, I can't help but think--- man it's warm for a winter solstice!

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 09:43 
Acolyte

:cool: You are right ... relatively speaking it is warm. But then Bru-na-Boinne (original home of Triple Spiral) doesn't always have snow for Winter Solstice. Sometimes snow happens about half an hour from here. And right now my toes and my nose are really cold - as I sit here at my computer. On June 21st Sun didn't come through that window until 7am and it has been going to bed at about 5pm. We did have the ritual in the cold and dark the night before - even Moon was hiding as rainclouds hung about ... fire and candles were lit during the ritual. But that same space is used for the Summer Solstice ritual and at the same time of day ... it is very different experience.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 09:46 
Grand Poobah

That makes sense--- and is a whole part of the ritual, In My Opinion.

We're *supposed* to (although we do not always) take a walk and photograph the area each holiday. To watch the seasons turn.

Do you do anything special for the cross quarter days? Lammas is coming up...

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 09:49 
Acolyte

oh yes ... heaps, except that it is Imbolc coming up here :D I always post on my Homepage - http://pagaian.org - about the Sabbats as they come up, and always for both Hemispheres. So next week I will post "Imbolc/Lammas @ EarthGaia". and no doubt we will do some video footage of the ritual prep and aftermath. We will do the ritual on the 9th August ... the actual Moment being the 7th August this year. And you?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 09:54 
Grand Poobah

We're going to visit family (they have a small cabin in the woods), do toasts, and bake bread in the god image.

My mom made a phallus last year and embarrased the then 15 year old... :lol:

Other god images include grapes, wheat, suns, etc...

My mom will cook with bread, and we'll eat tons of corn on the cob and we'll make corn dollies and burn last year's corn dollies.

I think that's about it.