The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 22:46

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

Post subject: . But Valencia was left
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 02:48 
'Lustrous Potentate

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew head-butted a player in an English Premier League game against Hull on Saturday, leading to a swift formal warning and 100,000-pound ($168,000) fine from his club, and facing the prospect of a lengthy touchline ban. Luc Mbah a Moute Jersey . The touchline confrontation unfolded in the 72nd minute when Hull midfielder David Meyler barged into Pardew as he looked to retrieve the ball for a throw-in at KC Stadium. After squaring up to Meyler before moving his head in the direction of the players face, Pardew was sent to the stands. FA chairman Greg Dyke described Pardews actions as "serious" after Newcastles 4-1 win, and said an investigation would be opened. Pardews employers reacted quickly, holding urgent talks with the manager and announcing his punishment hours later. "His behaviour was unacceptable and is not the behaviour we expect from the manager of Newcastle United," the northeast club said on its website. Pardew, whose job does not appear to be under immediate threat, accepted the formal warning and fine, Newcastle said. "Alan unreservedly apologized immediately following the game to the player, to Hull City Football Club and its fans, and to the fans of Newcastle United," the club statement said. "We have held discussions this evening with Alan, who has offered his sincere apologies to the club and it is clear he deeply regrets his actions." Although Pardew denied head-butting Meyler, he conceded the incident was "a wake-up call," coming after a recent touchline altercation with Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini. "(Meyler) was right on top of me and I wanted to just ease him away from me but obviously I put my head in a forward motion," Pardew said after the game. "I want to apologize to him, everyone at Hull and obviously my own fans as well. I dont think it was a head-butt. It wasnt a motion that was quick. "Sometimes when youre on the sideline like that you can get involved in a moment like that. It was an incident that just flared up all around me. I just wanted to get him away." Pardew said he would "accept whatever comes my way" as a punishment, and he was likely to be prevented from sitting on the bench for several games by the FA. Newcastles statement expressed disappointment that Pardews behaviour took the focus off such a fine attacking performance against Hull. Newcastle was already leading 3-1 at the time of the incident after Moussa Sissoko scored twice on either side of Loic Remys goal. With Pardew in the stands, Vurnon Anita added the fourth in stoppage time. Clyde Drexler Jersey . The Argentina striker has not played for the Premier League leaders since September when he refused to warm up during a Champions League match and only returned last week from a three-month unauthorized absence at home. City coach Roberto Mancini had initially told Tevez he would never play for City again after his act of public insubordination, but later softened his stance and only asked for an apology. Nene Jersey .com) - DAngelo Harrison posted 21 points to guide No. http://www.therocketsofficial.com/Authentic-Eric-Gordon-Rockets-Jersey/ .The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit .VALENCIA, Spain -- Stephane Mbia scored in the fourth minute of stoppage time for Sevilla to make the Europa League final despite a 3-1 loss at Valencia on Thursday. Valencia looked set to play in the May 14 final in Turin until Mbias dramatic header to secure Sevillas place on away goals, after the two-leg semifinal ended 3-3. Sevilla, which plays for the trophy for the first time since winning a second straight title in 2007, faces Benfica after last years finalist drew 0-0 at Juventus to keep this years final host out by advancing 2-1 overall. "It was very hard, they played so well and it was so hard to win here. But we knew just one goal," a stunned Mbia told Cuatro TV as he was overcome with emotion like players from both teams after the final whistle. "Unbelievable." Valencia started its rally in the 14th when Sofiane Feghoulis left-footed curler took a touch to get past goalkeeper Beto, who pushed Jonas powerful 26th-minute header off the underside of the bar, but it bounced back into goal off the Sevilla goalie. Jeremy Mathieu jumped on a loose ball inside the area to rocket home Valencias third goal into the roof of the net in the 69th as the hosts looked to compplete a second successive comeback at its Mestalla Stadium after rallying from a 3-0 deficit to beat Basel 5-0 to come through the last round. Custom Houston Rockets Jerseys. But Valencia was left shocked as Mbia rose to power home in the waning moments to deny Valencia a return to the final 10 years after it last won. No team lasted as long as Sevilla in the competition after the Andalucian side started in the third qualifying round when Malaga and Rayo Vallecano were denied a place by UEFA for financial problems. Sevilla had finished below them in the Spanish standings. "We had few opportunities but we had good ones," Sevilla coach Unai Emery said. "We harnessed the spirit of (Andres) Palop," the former Sevilla keeper whose own late-game heroics helped Sevilla win back-to-back titles in 2006 and 07 when the competition was known as the UEFA Cup. Benfica denied Juventus the chance to play the final at its home stadium as the Portuguese champion gets another chance at the trophy one year after losing to Chelsea. "The rival is the rival, what matters is the final," said Emery, who previously had coached Valencia. "Its a great team, it eliminated Juventus." NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '