The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 16:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

Post subject: Heathens against hate
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 06:03 
Postess

[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~wodensharrow/hah.html[/url] [quotebb] It is a sad necessity that requires me to make this page, but because of a few racist, Nazi, and Satanic websites that have a relatively high profile on the WWW, I feel this disclaimer must be placed on my website. The sites to which I refer claim to be Asatru or Norse Heathen while promoting Heathenism as white supremacism or a kind of Satanism. Of course, the practice the Old Northern traditions and other forms of ancient Paganism -- the ancestral religions of much of Europe and the world -- has nothing to do with race hatred or with Satan. First, there are avowed Nazis and radical white supremacists who yet call themselves or their groups "Heathen", and who abuse our holy symbols and our Gods’‘ names to promote hatred, violence, and totalitarian political agendas. The truth is, however, that there is nothing less Heathen than blind obedience to a demagogic leader; nothing less Pagan than the promotion of mental slavery over freedom. These groups try to use the fact that Heathenism is the ancestral ethnic religion of Europe to promote ideologies of race hatred. In this they ape the Nazis who tried to use the ancient symbols of pagan Germany for the same reasons. The truth is that although Heathenism is a modern revival of ancient folk ways, in which honouring the ancestors is important, it certainly does not promote hatred of any other ethnic group or religion...[/quotebb] [bbb][ibb][color=orangebb][font=Georgiabb]Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’‘s even remotely true![/ibb][/bbb][/fontbb][/colorbb]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 17:21 
Grand Poobah

I feel bad that the Asatru have this issue. It’‘s too bad that they are sullied by idiots. Then again, I guess most if not all religions are sullied by idiots, aren’‘t they? on a more personal level, do you want to open a conversation with that person to see if we can support each other?

Last edited by jess on 29 Jan 2008, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.