The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 07 Apr 2020, 08:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please note: Discussion here should be relatively civil. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 14:34 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

Operation Yule Log for Our Pagan Troops

Proclaimed by: Tia Hu
Proclaimed from: Napa, California

OPERATION YULE LOG - Press Release

Welcome - please join with us in making Operation Yule Log a success for our deployed Pagan troops who will be far away from home at Yule.

Founded by Pete "Tracker" Barrington of U.S. Camp Bucca Pagan Open Circle, Iraq. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CBOC/

My name is Rev. Kay J. Ahl, (aka: Tia Hu) , and I am helping Pete with this project.

We are inviting anyone who may wish to do so, to send Yule Logs, or Yule Log supplies, to our Pagan military troops deployed to the Desert Moon Grove groups in Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and Korea.

There are now 16 Desert Moon Pagan U.S. Military groups deployed to these combat zones and hot spots around the world. The Desert Moon Pagan Military Groups are founded by Sgt Eric Cooper.
Home group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/forestmoongrove/

See the list of Pagan military groups, contacts, and mailing addresses below this message.

Troops receiving these Yule Logs are also being encouraged to share any 'extra' Yule Logs as a gesture of good will from our Pagan troops and supporters to other U.S. troops, British and other Coalition troops, and to the various offices on their respective foreward bases. So there isn't any need to limit the number of Yule Logs sent to only 16, and all that are sent will be distributed and appreciated by other troops.

Yule Logs are a remnant tradition from the Bon Fires of ancient Europe. Traditionally the Yule Log is often cut from the Yule Tree after the celebration period is ended, then saved to burn as the Yule Log during the observance of Yule the following year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 14:45 
Grand Poobah

activism?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2007, 03:18 
Postess

Yes, activism! Image

I'm gonna read them links.

Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask, 'Why me?' Then a voice answers, 'Nothing personal; your name just happened to come up.'"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2007, 03:39 
Postess

I put the Camp Bucca link on the OBOD board too.

Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask, 'Why me?' Then a voice answers, 'Nothing personal; your name just happened to come up.'"