The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 24 Apr 2018, 17:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 22:31 
First Circle Initiate

NAIROBI Mens Air Jordan Retro Shoes For Sale , Nov. 14 (Xinhua) -- At an age when his peers have hung their running spikes, Mark Kiptoo of Kenya will be in the murky affairs as he seeks another shot at the World Cross Country Championships, which will be held in Guiyang, China in March 2015.

Frankfurt Marathon Champion Kiptoo and another veteran athlete also making a comeback Vivian Cheruiyot Mens Air Jordan Retro For Sale , will lead a horde of upstarts and experienced athletes at the Kenyan cross country meet in Iten, Saturday.

"I still have something to offer cross country," said Kiptoo who will turn 39 in February 2015.

"I have since moved up the cadre to marathon, but I still relish the challenge of cross country and I need it to test my speed and prepare for the season ahead Mens Air Jordan Shoes For Sale ," he said on Friday in Eldoret.

At 38, Kiptoo is among the veteran athletes in Kenya, but he still has no cross country medal to show for his effort at the global level.

However, he is adamant; he will have his shot at the gold medal in Guiyang as the world converges for the 41st IAAF World Cross Country Championships.

Kenya will be among the many countries taking part in the event and Kiptoo is not allowing his age to dampen his spirits.

"I started late to compete in athletics. That is why I probably feel I am still fresh. I have only run three marathons Mens Air Jordan For Sale , winning one (Frankfurt), I dropped out with an injury in Paris and was second in Frankfurt in 2013," he said.

But he will not be alone trying to make the odds. Olympic 10, 000m bronze medallist Vivian Cheruiyot is making a comeback from a two-year self-exile Mens Jordan Retro Shoes For Sale , having taken time off to deliver her first child, Allan Kiplagat.

Cheruiyot will be leading the women athletes as she battles her mind to conquer the fear and course in Iten.

"I have been training for some time, but am yet to get into any competition. At the moment am about 60 per cent ready. But the real competition is long away and cross country is not my best shot though. But I will see how my body reacts to competition and pick up the progression from there," she said Friday in Eldoret.

Pius Kiplagat Mens Jordan Retro For Sale , the Athletics Kenya Elgeyo County Chairman, said all arrangements are complete.

However, he said that with the high caliber of athletes in Iten both local and foreign the race will be of international standard.

"This being the town of athletes in the world, the event has gained international standards since apart from our many local athletes here Mens Jordan Shoes For Sale , we have those from other countries like

New Zealand, Uganda, USA among others who normally train here," Kiplagat said.

But it is Kiptoo Air Jordan Retro Shoes For Sale , who the focus will be on.

When he first donned a pair of running spikes just 10 years ago, but soon after his first race, he was posted to Burundi on a peace- keeping mission as part of his duties as a corporal in the Kenyan Air Force. Running had to take a back seat.

He then returned to Kenya in 2006, he joined the Armed Forces training team and quickly began to show promise. In 2007 Air Jordan Retro For Sale , his first full season as an athlete, he finished third at the Kenyan Cross Country Championships, second in the 5000m at the Kenyan Championships, and took gold and silver at the World Military Games. "I could see that I was improving step by step and I told myself that if I continued in the same vein Air Jordan Shoes For Sale , then I will reach my goal," said Kiptoo. "I want to make the team to China and need to start off in advance," said Kiptoo.

MOSCOW, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- The upgrade of the U.S. B61-12 bomb will threaten nuclear security, as its combat characteristics increase the risk of its use, senior Russian Foreign Ministry officials said Wednesday.

"It is no coincidence that some American experts rushed to call the new warheads more 'ethical' because, as they say, their application will have less dramatic humanitarian consequences," said Mikhail Ulyanov, director of the ministry's Department for Non-Proliferation and Arms Control.

"But this is precisely the negative aspect: characteristics of such weapons would objectively increase the temptation to use them," Ulyanov was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti news agency.

According to the diplomat, the unified nuclear warhead has been designed primarily to substitute obsolete U.S. nuclear weapons in five European countries: Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey, as well as for its own storage in Washington.

The upgrade of the U.S. nuclear arsenal in Europe is a long-term extension of the practice of joint NATO nuclear missions, in which pilots of non-nuclear countries are preparing to use U.S. nuclear weapons, Ulyanov said, adding that it's a "flagrant violation of the letter and spirit of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)."

Ulyanov recalled that Russian President Vladimir Putin had repeatedly said Moscow would not get dragged into a new costly arms race but it would certainly take care of the efficient provision of its national security.

The B61 nuclear bomb, designed in 1963, is one of the U.S.'s primary thermonuclear weapons. U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) said in a statement on Monday it had authorized production of an upgraded B61-12 nuclear warhead from 2020, which will have greater accuracy and lesser destructive force and is expected to replace the existing U.S. B61 bombs of its old modifications.

SEOUL, July 13 (Xinhua) -- Experts here voiced serious concern about South Korea entering a U.S. missile defense network by deploying the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) to its soil, boosting expectations for escalating regional tensions and arms race amid strong oppositions from neighboring countries.

South Korea's defense ministry on Wednesday announced its agreement with the United States to deploy one THAAD battery to the Seongju county, some 300 km southeast of Seoul, by the end of next year.

The de.