The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 22:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: as I could." Z
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 01:57 
Pretender to the Halo

MANCHESTER, England -- Manchester United slumped to a 2-1 loss at relegation-threatened Stoke in the Premier League on Saturday to puncture the optimism generated by Juan Matas arrival and leave the reigning champions with a huge task to finish in the Champions League positions. Kellen Winslow Jersey . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. It was Stokes maiden win over United in the Premier League, and first since 1984. "I dont know what we have to do to win," said United manager David Moyes. Everton bounced back from its derby thrashing by Liverpool in midweek by coming from behind to beat Aston Villa 2-1 and climb to fifth above Tottenham, which drew 1-1 at Hull. Cardiff climbed off the bottom by scoring two goals in 73 seconds at the start of the second half to defeat Norwich 2-1. That left Fulham, which was overwhelmed 3-0 at home to Southampton, two points adrift in last place. West Ham completes the bottom three even though it beat Swansea 2-0 thanks to a brace by Kevin Nolan. That win was marred by a red card to striker Andy Carroll for elbowing an opponent. The other match saw Sunderland earn a second straight 3-0 win at Newcastle in the northeast derby, sparking anger and frustration by home fans disillusioned by the sale of star player Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain this week. Such is the tightness of the bottom half of the table, Sunderland -- like Stoke -- is now nearer mid-table than the relegation zone. With Mata joining from Chelsea for a club-record fee last week and both Wayne Rooney and Van Persie back fit, things looked like turning around for United and its under-pressure manager David Moyes. Most thought the comfortable 2-0 win over Cardiff on Tuesday would be the first in a run of victories to lift the champions up to the top four, but they came unstuck at the hands of a gutsy Stoke side managed by a former United favourite, Mark Hughes. "I thought we were, to a man, fantastic," said Hughes, who played 467 games for United. "We got a great reward for a huge amount of effort." Stoke enjoyed some fortune with the first goal, with Adams long-range free kick in the 38th taking a wicked deflection off Michael Carrick and flying into the far corner past stranded goalkeeper David de Gea. Mata set up Van Persie to make it 1-1 in the 47th but Adam grabbed what proved to be the winner from 25 yards five minutes later. "It is a massive result against a great team," Adam said. Belgium forward Kevin Mirallas popped up with Evertons winning goal from a free kick in the 85th minute, after Steven Naismith had cancelled out Leandro Bacunas opener for Villa. Everton is provisionally a point behind neighbour Liverpool, which beat its Merseyside rival 4-0 on Tuesday. Tottenham moved four points clear of United after Paulinhos 61st-minute goal earned a draw against Hull, which took the lead through Shane Longs first goal for the club since his recent move from West Brom. Corey Liuget Jersey . - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday. Joe Barksdale Jersey .C. Now hes squarely in the U.S. capital and helping the Washington Wizards playoff drive. John Wall scored 33 points, Gooden got 11 of his 21 in the final quarter and the Wizards overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 101-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night. http://www.authenticchargersnflfansmall.com/c-51-chargers-dontrelle-inman-jersey.aspx . The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B.MILWAUKEE -- Three of Tony Cingranis 15 starts have come against the Brewers, and he knows Milwaukee cant lay off his high fastball. He threw it repeatedly Thursday night and it translated to another impressive outing by the rookie left-hander. Joey Votto hit a tiebreaking homer in the sixth inning and Cingrani pitched solidly into the seventh, lifting the Cincinnati Reds to a 2-1 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday night. Cingrani struck out nine in 6 1-3 innings, with the Brewers going down swinging on all but one strikeout. "They swung at it the last two times I faced them, and they kept swinging at it, so I kept throwing it there," he said. The Reds have won five straight and 10 of 13. Cingrani (6-2) allowed only a second-inning home run to Khris Davis. In eight starts since rejoining the rotation on July 3, he is 3-2 with a 2.12 ERA. "The Pirates lost, so we picked up another game on them, it was really big," he said of the Reds pulling within 2 1/2 games of NL Central-leading Pittsburgh. Cingrani scattered four hits and one walk. "Hes confident, hes not intimidated by anybody," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "This is how you want your players to be, especially rookies. He wanted to make this team out of spring training. Hes full of determination and desire, and a lot of confidence." In the teams last seven games, Reds starters are 4-1 with a 1.35 ERA. Aroldis Chapman worked the ninth for his 30th save in 34 chances. Vottos homer on a changeup was the only earned run allowed by Kyle Lohse (8-8) in seven innings. The right-hander also allowed an unearned run on five hits and four walks with four strikeouts in seven innings. "It wasnt a very good one," Lohse said of the changeup to Votto. "I didnt quite get the grip and I just tried to throw it down and away. It didnt have any life on it." Brewers All-Star centre fielder Carlos Gomez sprained his right knee while making a leaping catch at the centre field wall in the fourth inning. Gomez robbed Brandon Phillips of a likely extra-base hit, and crashed awkwardly to the ground with his right knee bent under his body and his right hip hitting the base of the wall in the fourth inning. Joey Bosa Jersey. The team said Gomez would undergo an MRI on the knee Friday. Gomez said doctors told him an initial exam didnt show a serious injury, but there was pain in his knee when he tried to run. "When I start walking around, it starts to feel better but when I try to run, my knee doesnt let me," Gomez said. Milwaukee took a 1-0 lead when Davis hit a 3-2 pitch from Cingrani three rows from the top of the left field bleachers in the second. It was Davis fifth homer in his first 49 at-bats this year. The Reds tied the score 1-all in the fifth with an unearned run. Devin Mesoraco hit a bouncer up the middle, and Jeff Bianchis throw pulled first baseman Juan Francisco into the runners path and they collided at the bag. Mesoraco landed on top of Francisco as the ball scooted away. "He was a good cushion," Mesoraco said. He playfully patted Francisco twice on the side before first base coach Billy Hatcher emphatically told him to sprint to second, reaching on Bianchis throwing error. "He was right in the baseline and I had nowhere to go," Mesoraco said of Francisco. "I thought he caught it, and Hatch said, Go ahead! Go ahead! so I got up and went to second as quick as I could." Zack Cozart hit the next pitch from Lohse to centre for a single. Logan Schafers one-hop throw beat Mesoraco to the plate by several steps, but catcher Jonathan Lucroy couldnt handle the bounce and he scored to tie the game. Votto then led off the sixth with his 18th homer of the year to give the Reds the lead for good. NOTES: Gomez is batting .288 with 18 home runs and 55 RBI in 114 games. He was selected to his first All-Star game this season. ... Chapman had 38 saves in 2012, his first year as the teams closer. ... Bianchi saved two runs in the first with a leaping grab in the outfield to rob Ryan Ludwick of a hit with two outs and the bases loaded. ... The Brewers are 11-25 against left-handed starters. ... Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez is hitless in nine at-bats since returning from the DL on Tuesday. China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '