The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 05:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: E-mail
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2010, 22:38 
Yet another site who bans @mail.ru addresses. May I request that ban be lifted so I can register? Thank you very much!

Post subject: Re: E-mail
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 04:10 
The Power to Scry

Why not just get a hotmail account. Gmail, yahoo, AOL etc? Server based so will have the name .com on the end.

At your back
May the sun shine warm
upon your face
May the rain fall soft
upon your field,
And until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

"I apologise... For nothing!"

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 08:59 
Grand High Lord Admiral of Hell

Guest wrote:
Yet another site who bans @mail.ru addresses. May I request that ban be lifted so I can register? Thank you very much!

Due to the amount of spam accounts received from the @mail.ru domain, the ban will remain in effect. But please do use The Dagda's suggestion to get a free email account from elsewhere to register with.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 14:29 
I do not care to use GMail. Could I persuade you to un-ban my specific address? Surely you can enter it as an exception? I do not intend to spam; as you can see, I am a real person, and I assure you, a real Pagan.

-Guest@mail.ru

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 10:00 

Your email account is -Guest?

Seriously? :umm:

For some strange reason, I feel little confidence despite your assurances (especially given your IP location) that you'd need to use @mail.ru rather than any of the myriad other mail servers.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 10:02 
The Power to Scry

i don't like gmail? Hmmm suspicious unless it killed your mother? I'd keep that ban in place too.

At your back
May the sun shine warm
upon your face
May the rain fall soft
upon your field,
And until we meet again.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 11:19 
No, of course it's not guest@mail.ru, that was a joke...

I also don't appreciate being called a liar. For your information I have this e-mail because I study Russian. I DO have GMail but mail.ru is much faster. It's not that I couldn't just register on my GMail, I don't care to because it's the principle of the matter. Understand that your forum is irrelevant to me. I'd like to participate in the discussions but if you're going to call me a liar and be stupid about my e-mail then I'd just as soon find someplace else. So I repeat the question: If I give you my e-mail, will you release it specifically? If I turn out to be a spammer you can just ban me, I'm not asking you to release the whole domain just mine. So will you answer me this time or continue to play games?

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 04:45 
The Power to Scry

Guest wrote:
No, of course it's not guest@mail.ru, that was a joke...

I also don't appreciate being called a liar. For your information I have this e-mail because I study Russian. I DO have GMail but mail.ru is much faster. It's not that I couldn't just register on my GMail, I don't care to because it's the principle of the matter. Understand that your forum is irrelevant to me. I'd like to participate in the discussions but if you're going to call me a liar and be stupid about my e-mail then I'd just as soon find someplace else. So I repeat the question: If I give you my e-mail, will you release it specifically? If I turn out to be a spammer you can just ban me, I'm not asking you to release the whole domain just mine. So will you answer me this time or continue to play games?

No ones calling you a liar and you sound like you would be good for this forum. But it's not my forum and there's nothing you can do. You have to understand we are asking you to prove you are not a Snake Oil Salesman not claiming you are one. You've convinced me but I don't matter its not my decision and signing in using gmail seems to me to be a simple compromise, you could always use your own ISP mail account too. You could be a sock of a previously banned member, you could be anything, even a sophisticated web master with kungfu skills up the whing wang. How on Earth do we know?

If IP is suspicious then its wise to ask questions. Don't use a work computer to log onto sites, kinda looks fishy I suppose, like you are just here to promote your business. No idea just throwing it out there?

At your back
May the sun shine warm
upon your face
May the rain fall soft
upon your field,
And until we meet again.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 16:04 
Hmm. I was treated with respect. That's a new one (as in online at all, not just here). Very well, because of this I will concede the point to show I'm capable of such. I will use my GMail.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 16:11 
Oh... what a shame. I didn't know a parent had to sign a form. See, they don't know I'm pagan, so I can't do that... oh well. Thank you for all the help, and goodbye.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 02:59 
The Power to Scry

Guest wrote:
Oh... what a shame. I didn't know a parent had to sign a form. See, they don't know I'm pagan, so I can't do that... oh well. Thank you for all the help, and goodbye.

Love this guy. Btw he reminds me of me. :D

Happy posting and I'm afraid the form you sign here is standard on all forums. Sorry.

At your back
May the sun shine warm
upon your face
May the rain fall soft
upon your field,
And until we meet again.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 11:00 

Guest wrote:

Well, you only need to have the form signed if you're under 13. You should still be able to activate the account with the link in the email ...

Though I suppose I'm impressed if you're under 13 and studying Russian hard enough to need a @mail.ru account to do it.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 11:46 
No, I am actually 16... I don't know why it sent the forum if that's only supposed to be for under 13 year olds.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 12:25 

Guest wrote:
No, I am actually 16... I don't know why it sent the forum if that's only supposed to be for under 13 year olds.

Because you clicked the wrong link when choosing your age in the registration process. I'll nuke the username you started so that you can reregister correctly.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 17:52 
Yes, I did. :( Dang! I must have thought that said 1979 or something. Wow I am a fool. I'll register immediately.