The Round Table (Rational Pagans Forum)

Science & The Supernatural: A Discussion of the World Around us - Based on Science with an Interest in the Supernatural ...
It is currently 12 Aug 2020, 09:40

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 10:29 
Buddhists see themselves as atheists at times. When they have gods they say these gods are under karmic law and live in other realms that we do and they may be powerful but they have not attained the final goal which is to be empty of sufferings ? so gods are a kind of sensitive beings that us humans should not care about. They have nothing to do with us.

While Pagan Gods are very much involved with humans if I get it. So does Pagans see themselves as religious naturalists maybe cause gods are natural forces and thus naturalism is supported or do I fail?

I don't talk about New Age Pagans who maybe see everything as non-material spirit and matter as illusion?

PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 11:06 
Shadowrunner

I dunno, I'm an atheist hanging out here playing Shadowrun. :D

I did dabble in wicca a bit back in my college years, with no woo-ish results.

I've read through some of the posts on this subject, and still can't quite figure out what "rational paganism" is. I did gather that each individual person may answer the question differently.

So in the interest of satisfying my curiousity, and sparking dialogue, I'd also be interested in knowing what paganism means to our hosts and other pagans who post here.

Are the gods real? Or symbolic/archtypes?

What function or purpose does the practice of paganism serve in your life?

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 13:32 
Shadowrunner

Forge Bronzebeard wrote:
I dunno, I'm an atheist hanging out here playing Shadowrun. :D

I did dabble in wicca a bit back in my college years, with no woo-ish results.

I've read through some of the posts on this subject, and still can't quite figure out what "rational paganism" is. I did gather that each individual person may answer the question differently.

So in the interest of satisfying my curiousity, and sparking dialogue, I'd also be interested in knowing what paganism means to our hosts and other pagans who post here.

Are the gods real? Or symbolic/archtypes?

What function or purpose does the practice of paganism serve in your life?

Anyone want to have a go at this?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 11:18 
Pagans are simply people who don't believe in the monothiesitic Christian God. They range from Satanists ironically to deists to Druids to Shaman and witches. And then there are the real weirdos called Dave or something like that and into new age stuff like dream catchers and other assorted mythical bs. :D

Me I'm agnostic so I don't care what you believe just as long as its in FSM.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 23:10 
Pagans, satanists and atheists are all of the same mould -you are essentially dirt worshippers. Thats why you all preach that there is no God of Abraham and if there is any god it must be the Earth.
Praise Jehovah